Friday, January 17, 2014

"Choose Chicken"

Choose Chicken
oil on panel, 6x6
As a child, I loved visiting my Great Uncle Richard's farm in Adrian, Missouri.  He raised everything - beef cattle, dairy cattle, some pigs and other livestock.  We could always find kittens hiding in one of the sheds, and often there were baby cows we could feed with bottles.  Oh, how they slobbered all over everything!  My Grandma Frank always had black angus cattle, and their peaceful grazing was a joy to watch - unless they had jumped the fence!  Then it was "all kids in the house" while the grown-ups coaxed them back over with brooms or whatever was handy.  This was a super fun subject to paint today - I have never painted a cow close-up before!  Painting number 382 in as many days and Day 17 in the 30 day painting challenge :)

7 comments:

  1. I admire your dedication! I'm taking part in Leslie's challenge and just doing a daily painting for 17 days is just about killing me!
    I really like this painting. Your painterly approach is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful painting technique! It adds so much expression into your work. You got the look in that cute cow's eyes so perfect! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful country air around here, I feel like I've had a wonderful walk in the country side, your paintings are fabulous Tammie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! What a fun painting! Love the paint strokes here. They work so well!

    ReplyDelete