Monday, January 27, 2014

Fairies at Play

Fairies at Play
Oil on glass, 9x12
print available here
This is the final painting of six fairy scenes by special request.  I love the happy, playful energy of these little fairies - it makes me happy just to paint them.  Throughout these paintings I have sprinkled in a few single flowers of lily of the valley, and a few pink clover heads - one planted so many years ago by my grandmother, and the other popping up in the pastures every summer.  Each has their own distinctly sweet and heady fragrance, sending me back to childhood days rich with joy.  In this painting I have also added a dancing mouse!  Although a little morbid, this is a nod to the little creatures that feed my daughter's pet snake.  Perhaps one day, I'll paint her colorful corn snake.  Often has been the time where she doesn't eat them at all, but snuggles with them until they are both asleep.  Who knows why she sporadically spares their lives - but she does, so this one is dancing with his new found freedom!  Painting number 392 in 392 days and day 27 in the 30 day painting challenge :)

1 comment:

  1. Tammie all your fairy paintings are gorgeous and so magical, I've enjoyed gazing at each and every one, wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete