Saturday, January 25, 2014

Fairy Party

Fairy Party
Oil on glass, 9x12
print available here
I feel like I am really getting into a groove with these fairy paintings.  Being so unfamiliar with the subject matter at first, it was hard to resist the urge to tighten up all my edges.  As I move from painting to painting, I am not concentrating on the illustration of it all, but rather I'm "feeling" with my brush and paint.  Naturally, my strokes loosen up - adding life and movement as they do.  The little figures are also getting easier and easier to lay down in the landscape.  I hope to loosen them up a little more as I progress through to the sixth.  I have had more fun with this one - in the zone until I had to turn out the lights!  Today was super busy - up at 3:15 for an early Saturday field trip with Michael at KU - the Future Cities Competition.  Then home with just enough time to change - and off to a wedding!  So, arriving home just a bit ago, I finished these little fairies in time to post before I drop.  Some days are just like that.  This is the 4th in the series of 6, my 390th painting in 390 days and day 25 in the 30 day painting challenge.  I'm hoping for a little down time tomorrow :)

1 comment:

  1. Are you going to sale this piece when all the whole window is completed? It is a wonderful piece of artwork! I have so enjoyed looking at each scene as it has evolved. Beautiful. From: A simple girl who loves art, Jenny

    ReplyDelete