Sunday, January 5, 2014

Little Red Tricycle

Little Red Tricycle
Oil on panel, 6x6
Today's painting is a favorite childhood memory of my little red tricycle.  I remember the feel of the grips on the handles, and the way I felt so tall stepping up on the back.  Peddling up our long sidewalk felt like a little taste of freedom, with the wind blowing through my long hair.  The shiny chrome was slick and cold under my hand.  Isn't it funny how one remembers the simplest sensations of childhood, long before school days had begun?  This is painting number 370 in 370 days, and Day 5 in the latest 30 day challenge.  And one more day spent at the hospital.

3 comments:

  1. Hi dear Tammie! Your Little bike is so beautiful and I am Feeling like a Little Girl and riding my own, old one!
    Hugs
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice composition. Reminds me of a story my parents' tell of me "running away" with the neighbours' son when we were toddlers. Apparently we'd taken off down the road when no-one was looking, he was peddling as fast as he could & I was riding on the back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! Yes, freedom that is what I felt too. Thanks for the recall. : )
    Hope your Dad gets well soon.

    ReplyDelete