Friday, January 24, 2014

Moon and Fairies

Moon and Fairies
Oil on glass, 9x12
print available here
Another day in fairy land - this time with the smiling crescent moon.  Fairies play amongst phlox and sunflower, while another rests upon the moon.  The subject is fanciful, and I found myself loosing track of time.  So immersed I was in my work, I almost forgot to pick up my youngest son from an after school project session!  I really need to set an alarm when painting, I can't tell you how many times this has happened!  Thankfully, there are leftovers for dinner, so I won't be pulled to that chore, and i am jumping right into the next scene - the one directly under this painting.  I've fully sketched it out already - and indeed it is half painted from the top down!  Once I have finished all six panes of this window, I will spray them all with a quick dry oil medium that speeds drying time.  The glass may just slow down the drying process considerably.  This third part of six paintings makes 389 in as many days, and day 24 in the 30 day painting challenge.  This latest challenge has flown by in the blink of an eye!

No comments:

Post a Comment