Monday, January 6, 2014

Pulling the Sled

Pulling the Sled
Oil on canvas, 4x4 canvas with easel
Finally, after a few rather stressful days, dad is out of the hospital and steadily improving.  It was quite a wrench tossed in to the holiday fray, the worst part being just how scary Friday morning was.  I hope I will never again have to witness such a sight.  With so much of the country in a deep freeze, and we awoke to a temperature of -9, the sun which has been shining brightly all day is such a welcome sight!  It actually seems warm on the south facing front porch with the sun shining on my face as I remove a little snow.  I feel like a can actually breathe, the last few days behind me.  This painting makes 371 in 371 days and Day 6 of the current 30 day painting challenge.

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting. Hope your Dad continues to improve, all the best for him! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have beautifully caught the sun on the snow......a wonderful scene....I want to go there!
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous painting..so beautiful done..it is like you have captured a magical moment..full of memories..stunning play of light..and texture and snow!!
    HUgs to you, I hope your Dad is well soon....hang in there!! wishing you and your family the best in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your gorgeous painting Tammie and hope your father continues to get better quickly.
    Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful scene. I love how you have captured such beautiful light in this painting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so evocative of childhood memories! Trudging through the snow in Wellington boots pulling a heavy sledge, cold crisp air biting and nipping.... fantastic Tammy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good wishes being sent for your dad. Love your painting, it's wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you capture the light in the forest so beautifully... There is such a wonderful feeling of nostalgia that comes with viewing your paintings! They are gorgeous and timeless!! Glad your dad out of hospital! Stay warm!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful oil painting, Tammie. I like the way the sun in shining through the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet scene and your lighting is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. a really beautiful scene Tammie. Glad to hear your dad is doing much better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tammy I LOVE your art. You have such a way of pulling light and color that looks so effortless. The strokes of an artist.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful painting...and I'm really sorry to hear about your dad. I hope he continues to get better!

    Julie
    http://www.artworkbyjm.com

    ReplyDelete