Sunday, January 12, 2014

Rooster by the Barn

Rooster by the Barn
Oil on panel, 6x6
Today, it took me a long time to decide on what to paint.  I wanted to paint something new, I was thinking of the palette knife at the time......but finally decided on this glorious rooster set by our milk barn.  Then, off to a basketball game (where Michael was the basket king), lunch out, and then returning home to get started on my painting.  I had forgotten about the game, or I would have been sure to paint early!  I have never painted a chicken or rooster before - and it was fun!  It is always fun to put such thick. bold color on the panel, almost like I am carelessly breaking some rule and painting with reckless abandon!  This is painting number 377 in 377 days and Day 12 in the 30 day painting challenge :)

1 comment: