Friday, January 31, 2014

Song of Spring

Song of Spring
Oil on panel, 12x6
As a misty drizzle coats our streets, quickly turning to ice, I am toasty inside and painting the view from my window.  The cool, violet skies drew my attention, but the harsh dormant colors of winter really didn't.  Not today.  Using my artistic license, I simply painted the gardens coming into their spring glory - instead of their winter sleep!  The honeysuckle on the fence remains deep green in the winter, and the "dog path" is a little wider here than in reality, but all the new spring growth is completely from memory.  This is a plein air painting - in the warmth of my home and with all the extras I felt like painting today!  Who needs to stick with reality all the time, anyway?  This is painting number 396 in 396 days :)

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful!! Looks like somewhere I would go in a dream! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Tammie, so inviting and full of Spring perfume, your paintings are a delight!

    ReplyDelete