Thursday, January 9, 2014

Vintage Daisies

Vintage Daisies
Oil on panel, 6x6
sold - print available here
Dreaming of summer, I am painting the daisies of a season past.  I planted two new varieties of these babies last year, and I am looking forward to their abundant blooms next summer.  I have many flower beds, but decided to give these a place of honor right next to the front porch - so I hope they don't let me down.  If they do, I will be transplanting them in the fall to a lesser location!  I wanted to put a dreamier, vintage spin on the otherwise vibrant color of these daisies.  Things are looking better for my dad, where each day he grows little stronger - strong enough to go out to breakfast yesterday and today.  I never would have thought it possible last Friday.  I am counting my blessings today.  This is painting number 374 in 374 days and Day 9 in the 30 day painting challenge.

3 comments:

  1. I love the beautiful muted colors of the daisies. Glad your dad is doing better and that you are in a good frame of mind. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Vintage Daisies!!! they are so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete