Saturday, January 4, 2014

Vintage Phlox

Vintage Phlox
Oil on panel, 6x6
sold
prints available here
This will be yet another day spent in the hospital, so I was up early taking care of all the things I was too tired to tackle last night.  So, posting early - this is my quick little impressionistic painting for today.  I have tried to grow various kinds of garden phlox through the years.  My most vigorous variety is the tall, old fashioned purple kind, my very first starts coming from Grandma Bessie.  I have tried the pink, but it was never very strong, and a nice white variety which is steady , but does not spread and multiply as the purple.  This painting is done from photos of the pink, before the hard freezes claimed it.  This is painting number 369 in 369 days, and Day 4 of Leslie Saeta's 30 day painting challenge.

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful and I am so impressed that this is #369 in a row!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glorious work, love the light that you capture! Hope you got on ok at the hospital yesterday. I am glad to see you have painted for over a year, every day! I have just embarked on a similar challenge 365 in 365 and it is quite an undertaking :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post and painting. I admire your painting skills. It is amazing that you paint every day! Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete