Monday, January 13, 2014

Zinnia Impressions

Zinnia Impressions
Oil on canvas, 4x4
Once I had finished this 4 inch miniature, I thought that maybe I should paint something else to post today.  This is very loose, and left me searching for something else to paint.  Well, then the hours swept away with the many various chores of the day, and here I am - without something else to post!  Alas, I must go with what I have - and this crazy little zinnia is it.  I had the most amazing orange zinnias last summer, and this painting just does not do them justice.  I think I'll go a more traditional route on the next one, as this one has me feeling like I have been painting in someone else's skin today.  This is painting number 378 in 378 days, and Day 13 in the current 30 day painting challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment