Monday, February 17, 2014

Fishing by the Bank

Fishing by the Bank
Acrylic on canvas, 8x10
This is an acrylic painting that I did while in Augusta.  Jim had taken me on a canoe ride around the lake, and I was able to get some amazing photos to work from.  I am thinking of adding some oils on top of this.  My strokes now are looser, more impressionistic, and I apply the paint heavier now, too.  I like the "bones" of this, and when I get it worked over, I'll post the revision.  My dad was taken by ambulance this morning to the hospital, and admitted to the ICU.  I will be waiting for word, and back in "worry mode" for the time being, which makes it very hard for me to paint.  This is painting number 413 in as many days.

1 comment:

  1. I love the impressionistic touch for this wonderful bird. He looks so real, waiting to pounce on an unsuspecting fish. We often go to our local wetland bird sanctuary, and love to see the herons standing stock still, only their eyes moving. Your bird painting has that quality of stillness.
    I hope that you are having good news about your father by now.

    ReplyDelete