Thursday, February 20, 2014

In Your Arms

In Your Arms
Graphite on bristol, 4x6
This has been a super long day, so tonight's post will be short and sweet.  Here is a small rendering of arms tangled in a hug.  A great subject to study for hand work, I again get into the graphite tonight.  The vellum texture of the bristol can easily be seen in the darkly shaded areas.  Today finds my dad the same as yesterday, and at least he's not backsliding.  The confusion continues, which is truly the hardest part of it all.  It is very hard to see such a brilliant man in such confusion.  This has all cleared before, and I am praying for healing with each coming day.  This is artwork number 416 in as many days.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tammie,
    Thanks for visiting my blog! You are an amazing artist... love your work. I said a little prayer for your dad... nothing is too difficult for the One who hears our prayers!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tammie. What an amazing drawing! The touch of another person is so healing and is what I think of as I looked at your drawing. So sorry to read about your father. I cannot imagine what you are going thru. I pray he gets better. Sending hugs to you. Rasz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The depth you achieved with your shading is mesmerizing. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete