Monday, February 3, 2014

Nautical Reflections

Nautical Reflections
Oil on panel, 10x6
sold
Still denying the winter weather that is one the way, I am dreaming of a warm summer's day where the only painting spot was in the shade.  Painting by the water is so relaxing, the sound of the waves lapping at the beach like a soothing melody.  Time slows, and I could paint all day surrounded by such beauty.  This one is painted on a rough primed panel, and the waves have been pulled back and forth with the brushstrokes through the oils.  I wish I were there right now, painting this one en plein air.  At least I can remember the day so vividly, bringing those summer breezes to the landscape today......as I wait for the 5 - 9 inch snow!  Painting number 399 in 399 days.  Tomorrow will make 400!

No comments:

Post a Comment