Saturday, February 1, 2014

The Robin's Nest

The Robin's Nest
Oil on panel, 14x11
sold
Last summer, while pruning back a stubborn mulberry bush, I found this little nest tucked deep within the branches.  Much to my surprise - there were three tiny blue eggs inside!  I had not seen any robins nearby as I worked, and I couldn't believe the nest was in such close proximity to where the cats had frolicked daily.  When I decided to paint this, I thought it would be easy subject matter - knocked out quickly.  Wrong!  That sweet little nest of sticks was certainly a challenge!  Getting enough paint on was key - and then the pulling  strokes hither and yon, completed the nest.  I am channeling my inner spring with this 397th painting in as many days :)

12 comments:

  1. Sweet painting - I love birds as long as they don't live inside my house - LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow your painting is awesome, such wonderful fine detail. Happy PPF Tammie. Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. your work is beautiful, that little bird looks so lifelike, It is amazing you can produce such fine quality work at such speed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and that little bird is presented as a doting mother! Good job!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love birds and this is one more. The detail,composition and colours is exquisite. Gorgeous painting.
    Annabelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. We recently had a flock of robins appear(very unusual to have any around in winter) thus making me think that despite what our PA groundhog says about 6 more weeks of winter I choose to go with the robins! Your painting is just gorgeous and that nest- I love the highlights!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, beautiful! Wonderful color and style!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Love the subtle colors you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delicate and delightful piece of work this is. Everything about it makes my heart sing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous!!!! Such a lovely and delicate piece :)
    HPPF!
    Deepa
    http://deepazworld.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is Beautiful!!! In our area the poor birds are so cold. The snow is taking over.

    ReplyDelete