Friday, March 14, 2014

Licking her Chops

Licking her Chops
Oil on panel, 10x8
This is our new little addition.  The family picked her out last week and she is a red lab.  We brought her home last night.  The last day of finals for my daughter was today, and this little darling made so much noise all night - that I found my daughter sleeping downstairs -  having vacated her room!  Puppy is sweet as can be - yet unnamed, and at only 6 weeks old - she is gigantic!  Since I have been her babysitter most of the day - she is my painting subject tonight!  I'm back to my primed panels - and after laying in all the lights on her, I then went in with the darks (which were minimal).  I've got family coming by in minutes - so this makes painting number 438 in as many days :)

4 comments:

  1. Awwwww!! So cute! Puppies are something else. So sweet and adorable. This little one looks like she's going to be a wonderful addition to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is absolutely adorable!! You rock those oils :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Tammie, wow... she looks so lovely. Your painting is gorgeous. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful painting! Your pup looks adorable Tammie!
    Thanks for the sweet comment you left on my blog.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete