Thursday, March 13, 2014

Magnolia in Bloom

Magnolia in Bloom
Oil on panel, 6x6
The sun is shining, the temperature is coming up, and it is a beautiful day to work in the garden.  I have had a full plate today, only able to find a small painting window before the afternoon picks up again - not to let up until bedtime!  After picking Michael up from track, we have closing ceremonies for basketball, followed by picking up our new puppy - with the grandkids coming over for some play time!  I'm SO glad it is warm out!  My tulip tree is not yet in bloom, but the buds are swollen with the promise of their giant flowers!  I tried several times before finally finding a tree that would survive the harsh winters here - and it is a glorious pink one!  Not sure if I'm done with this or not - I'll look with fresh eyes tomorrow! This is painting number 437 in as many days.  I wonder what our little cats will think of the new arrival....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tammie....love your pretty Magnolia!!! wonderful piece!!!

    ReplyDelete