Sunday, March 16, 2014

The Banks of Kill Creek

The Banks of Kill Creek
Oil on panel, 12x6
MVIS Paint Out
This is my second painting of the MVIS paint out yesterday - the creek in the opposite direction from my first one.  The clouds were starting to move in, and the light had changed considerably from my first paint of the day.  I was again set up on the rocky creek bed, with minnows swimming the the shallow still water to my right - as the water rippled over the rocks to my left.  I could paint all day surrounded with such music and gentle distraction.  This time, I was looking away from the sun, instead of into the sun - which was a welcome relief to my eyes.  I wore my hat to block out the sun's direct light, but the whole landscape is illuminated in a different way when the sunlight is coming at you.  The colors were more readily visible for this paint, and although spring has not yet touched the plant life much, a little color is beginning in the water as well as a little glow to the atmosphere.  This was such a peaceful location, I could have stayed all day if only I'd had the time!  Painting number 440 in as many days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment