Sunday, April 20, 2014

April Sunset

April Sunset
Oil on panel, 6x6
Happy Easter to you all!  We have had a day filled with family fun and egg hunting!  The grandsons had a great time finding all the eggs!  So, coming to my easel late once again, I am painting small - and working on one of our glorious Missouri sunsets!  I find sunsets and sunrises challenging - sometimes, the colors are so vivid - they seem unreal!  And, the colors change so quickly, that by the time I've blocked it all in - they have already faded and the sun disappears at the horizon!  This one was painted almost entirely with one brush - and I didn't think to use my palette knife, although it would have made for some depth at the edges of the clouds.  This is painting 474 in as many days......I wonder what I'll paint tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment