Monday, April 14, 2014

Forsythia Fantasy

Forsythia Fantasy
Oil on panel, 6x6
These beautiful blooms are bursting on the east side of the house!  I have several other clumps, but they have only started to pop.  With the rain moving through, the overcast sky unfolded into the perfect canvas for these tiny yellow flowers.  I underpainted this panel first with orange, then blocked in loosely with brushes, finally to top off the forsythia and some of the foreground with the palette knife.  Although I have many quality palette knives, I picked up my cheap, plastic, pointy one for the bloom work.  The plastic bends more easily than the metal, and offered the perfect marks for my blooms.  This painting is number 468 in as many days, and I am just a month away from 500 in a row.  Wowza!

1 comment: