Monday, April 7, 2014

Morning in the Vineyard

Morning in the Vineyard
Oil on canvas, 7x5
As I prime my panels, and prepare my frames for the upcoming plein air events, I am thinking back to those early mornings in the Augusta vineyards.  Arriving while still dark, and setting up my easel with an eye to the eastern horizon, I can almost smell the heady damp ground underfoot.  So much of the experience of actually standing in that spot seeps into the painting in front of me.  The smells, the feel of the wind in my hair and the softness of the spring soil all pour forth into such a painting.  Longing for the freedom of painting once again with abandon, this one makes 463 in as many days :)

1 comment:

  1. You do capture the mistiness and the early morning dampness in the air in this lovely calm painting.

    ReplyDelete