Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Old Redbud by the Barn

Old Redbud by the Barn
Oil on canvas, 7x5
This was such a misty overcast morning, with a dark front moving in.  The moody feel of the morning crept into this painting, as I capture a redbud that is not in real life blooming!  Ah, to be an artist - I can simply paint things as I want them to be!  Who needs to tie themselves down to reality?  I am really feeling this misty, moody landscape.  I may just paint this much larger and hang it in my living room!  I have 20 panels primed and drying, and must next move on to getting my frames wired.  This makes painting number 464 in as many days :)

9 comments:

  1. Hi Tammie,
    This speaks of an ethereal Spring and your right, you can vision whatever you wish on your bank canvas, you are after all creating the landscape, no rules.

    I think it be a wonderful landscape to keep one company in a sitting room, always an escape when in reality there's none.

    Annabelle : )

    I''ve been meaning to paint a blossoming tree, just not ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The redbud trees here are blooming their little hearts out. Most don't look as lush as yours, probably due to the harsh winter we had. Your painting is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've captured the quiet and stillness beautifully. Love the way the colour of the tree floats into the air and ground around it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply gorgeous. It would terrific on a large canvas!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful, here the trees are blossomng, too! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cool pink tones in your painting! So beautiful and I like the sense of mood too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pink tones are very dreamy - this would be fabulous larger and hanging up. It's pretty fabulous smaller!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tammy. This is simply fabulous. The colors are amazing and you have captured a feeling of what this time and space should be. Well done.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete