Friday, April 18, 2014

Pear Trees in Bloom

Pear Trees in Bloom
Oil on panel, 6x6
I had the grandsons today, so it was almost dark before I got to my easel.  After a full day of classes, playing at the park, priming panels (with my little helpers), and lots of household chores......I was tempted..... for just a minute - not to paint.  Then, I thought of the beautiful pear trees in bloom, and thought how cheerful they were...... I could just paint a small one........and I talked myself into it!  All of the blooming trees on the lawn are simply gorgeous!  Well, the magnolia is only starting to bloom, but the redbuds, pears, and plums are bursting!  I'm using an orange primed panel, blocking in with brushes, and I did all the finish work with my brushes as well.  I forgot all about using the palette knife!  Too busy for my own good today.  Painting number 472 in as many days :)

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous...I love the dreamy-softness and delicate colors..beautiful!
    Wishing you a Happy Spring!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blooming in the pear trees! You have captured it so georgosly. I have to wait for the blooming still, first out will be the forsythia, probably firs im may.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, beautiful! Glad you talked yourself into painting:-)

    ReplyDelete