Sunday, April 27, 2014

Redbud Lane

Redbud Lane
Oil on panel, 9x12
Augusta Shores Paint-Out
on location
Time flies so quickly when I am painting en plein air! I get so caught up in what I am channeling through my brush, that I lose all concept of time.  The last few days, I have had to set the alarm on my phone to tell me when it is 10 minutes from quitting time - otherwise I would very likely miss entering my painting!  It is the best policy for me to simply frame and enter the first piece before moving on to another, this way the pressure is off, and I don't have to race to the drop-off - which I have been known to do!  This was my second painting of the Augusta Shores paint-out.  The weather was warm and windy - and I had a hard time keeping my hair out of my eyes.  The rain held off just until we were loading our plates at the chili supper!  This painting makes 481 in 481 days.  We have a private estate paint tomorrow and a nocturne paint - I really hope the rain holds off until both events are over!  Could we be so lucky?

No comments:

Post a Comment