Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Spring Comes to Mill Creek

Spring Comes to Mill Creek
Oil on panel, 6x6
We had a "paint in" today at the Tri-County Art League, and this is my quick paint.  I actually thought that I would be able to paint two of these small 6x6's during the time allowed.  Maybe I could have, but instead, I visited and lollygagged around until finally, I had to quick paint just to get this one down!  This is the wonderful new spot I have found to paint - and I can't wait for a dryer day when I can traipse all over the creek sides - gathering wonderful reference for future paintings!  It is such a welcome sight to see the red buds showing their color - I just can't get enough!  Painting number 469 in as many days :)

10 comments:

  1. I left a comment earlier but I wasn't signed into Blogger so the comment disappeared. I had said how beautiful your redbuds painting is. The redbuds are in bloom here in VA. I love the little creek you painted and would love to explore it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. first thing I noticed were the pink buds and spring green colors. Beautiful painting Tammie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your paintings are so beautiful! I especially enjoy the brushstrokes and texture. So lovely! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Tammie this is beautiful. I love the way you paint. It is like I can just be there.
    Happy Easter
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous. I want to be at this spring scene-sitting on a dry spot by this river listening to the birds which you know are chirping in those flowering trees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a beautiful place. Such a great painting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo peaceful and inviting! The creek invites us into your painting! I can feel the cool crispness of the spring air and the warmth of the dancing spring colours both at the same time!
    Well done! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful painting Tammie. Very serene and alive.

    Happy Easter,
    Annabelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful serene spot! Gorgeous painting too!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love seeing what you're up to. Soft subtle colors, beautiful pink flowers!! Thanks for sharing.

    Happy PPF
    Happy Easter!
    Tam

    ReplyDelete