Friday, April 11, 2014

Yellow Rose Serenade

Yellow Rose Serenade
Oil on panel, 12x6
By special request, I am painting yellow roses today.  I have painted roses a few times, and they are always challenging.  Using loose, impressionistic brushstrokes, I am working on capturing the essence of these beauties without tightening up on all the line work.  This is one rose I do not have in the yard, so I had to go through some of my Loose Park Rose Garden photos for reference.  When I was plein air painting there during the last Foundation for the Fountains event, the whole park was simply bursting with roses!  I could not have picked a better time to paint there!  Today was a very busy day, so I am painting and posting late tonight.  Painting number 467 in 467 days - maybe I'll have to plant yellow roses in my own yard this year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment