Sunday, May 4, 2014

Halcyon Glow

Halcyon Glow
Oil on panel, 9x12
Halcyon Spa
Augusta Plein Air Festival
sold - print available here
On location
I just love painting nocturnes!  As we left the nocturne paint of the other night, I saw this scene outside of the Halcyon Spa.  This is a special place for a little pampering, and I always try to get a massage while in town!  Returning the first chance available, I set my easel up quickly.  I like to paint fast for nocturnes - especially because it was rather cold and windy.  I backed up close to the lower level of the building, right under a porch light.  This gave me all of the light I needed to see my palette and panel.  Of course, the darker it gets, the harder it is to determine hues - so it is like opening a present when you bring it inside!  You never know what you find!  This one was a happy surprise!  This painting makes 488 in as many days :)

1 comment: