Friday, May 2, 2014

In Balducci's Vineyard

In Balducci's Vineyard
Oil on panel, 14x11
Balducci Sunset Paint-Out
Augusta Plein Air Festival
In the last 8 years that I have been coming to paint the sunset at Balducci's, only a couple of those evenings have been warm and beautiful.  Tonight was such a night.  All day, I had been thinking about my spot.  I really wanted to go down into the vineyard to paint. The view is amazing with the vines in the foreground, and the barns and house in the background.  I set up my easel and painted alongside three other artists.  We visited as we worked, making time fly.  I finished an hour early and turned in my painting, which allowed me the opportunity to watch some of my friends paint!  Painting number 486 in 486 days - I must now get to bed before I fall asleep on my laptop!

No comments:

Post a Comment