Monday, May 12, 2014

Old Augusta Barn

Old Augusta Barn
Oil on panel, 14x11
Augusta Plein Air Fest
I have wanted to paint this beautiful old barn for years!  It is one of the amazing barns on the bottom road from Augusta to Washington - just east of the Meyer Farm.  I love the large scale and the wonderful open side on this barn.  I stood back close to the tree line - in the tall grass by the road, to get this all sketched in with pastels.  It was the day of the private estate paint, and I didn't have time to finish this one on site.  While the time and place is still fresh in my mind, I have finished this one today.  The day was cool and windy, with the winds blowing quickly up from the bottom land.  I found a windbreak for the next painting - another barn, making for an easier paint!  Painting number 496 in 496 days :)

13 comments:

  1. Fantastic, and I don't know how you manage to get so many paintings done, and done so well! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your barn Tammie and the beautiful surroundings. Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, the colours so bright and full of life, I love those greens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so gorgeous-all those rich beautiful colors-especially that barn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful,I love the feeling your brushstrokes convey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous work! Those brush strokes are very signature.!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tammie, I love old barns. This is amazing. All the detail that an old barn needs. Well done!
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful painting and lovely texture! Have a great weekend and happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. really wonderful style, makes me feel i am right there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The movement of your grass is brilliant! The contrasting barn red is glorious next to the green grass! Well done! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your barn and the landscape, Tammie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your talent and your perseverance are both shining examples to the art community, Tammie. I am a fan of old barns and used to do oil paintings of them. Great going!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very good scenery, I like using the direction of the brushstrokes to recreate the meadow. Saludos

    ReplyDelete