Sunday, May 18, 2014

Springtime at Lakeview

Springtime at Lakeview
Oil on panel, 14x11
Augusta Plein Air Festival
sold
On the morning of the Vineyard Hill Paint-out, the weather was cold and the winds rather harsh.  This home is on the adjoining property - which we were invited to paint on as well.  As soon as I saw the house situated so beautifully - I knew I had to paint it!  I love these old houses, and this one had been in the owner's family for a long time.  I set my easel up close to the vehicle - so as to give me as much of a windbreak as possible.  The drawback here is that I had little room to back up and look at the progress of the painting - which I normally do often.  I had to walk over to the side of the car to glimpse my painting at a distance!  I spent quite a bit of time on this one - wanting to accurately capture what I was seeing, which left less than an hour for the next painting!  This was a special day with special people, and I'm so happy I could be a part of it!  This painting now resides in this home - which is where it was destined to be!  This painting makes 503 in 503 days!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful story of the painting and beautiful painting. Your works are very inspiring! Thank you for sharing.
    http://agagasiniak.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete