Friday, June 27, 2014

Blue Hydrangeas

Blue Hydrangeas
Watercolor on paper, 10.5x7
I have come to my easel late in this day - and thank goodness I had already underpainted this on another day!  After two challenging workouts this morning, and a house full of family for the rest of the day - I would have been hard pressed to find something inspiring to paint.  Oh, the busy days of summer!  I absolutely love hydrangeas - and they have started blooming all over town.  The deep blue of their petals is almost unnatural - and so fun to capture in paint!  This is my first attempt of these beauties in watercolor - and though I think I need some practice - I like the effect.  Painting number 543 in as many days - now time for some relaxation :)

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous and I love the purple ones too....I think I heard it depends on the soil the color of them...not sure if that's true...I have a few lilac ones in my yard! Love them!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete