Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Daisies and Clover

Daisies and Clover
Watercolor on paper, 7x10.5
The grass is high in the pastures and sprinkled with wildflowers!  It is the perfect time for getting some wonderful wildflower paintings in - before the hay is cut!  For this painting, I applied the drawing gum with a heavier hand - which increased the time it took me to remove it after the background painting.  I am using transparent watercolors, although I have a good selection of both.  Why?  I honestly don't know, except that I like the way the colors work together and next to each other.  With my very small watercolor experience, I am just exploring my way through the methods by trial and error.  This is very unusual for me - because I am one to read all I can about a subject before jumping in!  This was is SO much more exciting!  I am constantly surprised at how the paintings progress!  And the colors I am leaning toward - they are so wacky for me!  Why do I do this?  Again, I don't know, I just feel like it pushing colors next to one another that will vibrate with energy.......even if I don't see it in front of me.  I know, its crazy!  What fun it is to just let my imagination run wild!  This painting makes 534 in 534 days - now, on to more experiments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment