Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Vibrant Queen Anne's Lace

Vibrant Queen Anne's Lace
Watercolor on paper, 7x10.5
Hooray!  My Pebeo drawing gum finally came in!  This time, I used a couple of plastic palette knives to apply the gum - and I could make the lines super skinny!  It takes about 15 minutes for this liquid drawing gum to dry, so I painted three at once.  By the time I was done with the last, the first was dry enough to wash in the watercolors.  I then moved on to the other two, finishing the background painting.  The first painting was then dry - the watercolors must be dry before rubbing off the Pebeo.  I got a little rubber cement remover to make this process easier, and it worked great!  It was also faster this time to remove, probably because I knew what to expect, and how much pressure to apply.  I then added more colors to the newly rubbed areas......and I think I may have gotten carried away!  These colors are pretty wild and vibrant - not at all my normal palette!!  Hmmmm, well, I can always tone the others down tomorrow!  It is so fun to play with the colors and design with the drawing gum - I have so many ideas that I want to try!  This crazy painting makes 533 in 533 days :)

1 comment:

  1. Interesting, I should like to try it one day. Now my days are filled with other things..but I'll get back to where I was one day..
    Your painting is stunning awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete