Thursday, July 17, 2014

Bee in the Coneflowers

Bee in the Coneflowers
Watercolor on paper, 5x7
Today, I am painting the purple coneflowers from the Kauffman Memorial Garden.  The purple coneflowers are in full bloom over there - and the bees were buzing all around them!  After sharing breakfast with my parents, they headed off for Ohio.   I then had to organize all my gear and frames for the upcoming Door County plein air event, leaving a tiny painting window to get this done.  I have used a Strathmore cold pressed 594-6 rough watercolor paper - and I like it!  Love the texture and the way the wet paint spreads over the surface!  I used just a little bit of the permanent blue on this - and boy, you can see the pop!  This is fast becoming a favorite choice in my watercolor paints.  I am also starting to hear that "little voice" that tells me when I am done - which has not ever kicked in with these new experimental watercolors until now.  That is a good sign!  I barely finished this in time to pick up some work at the Parkville Frame Gallery, and then had to get to Blue Springs for a 7:30 showing for "Annie" which my youngest cousin - Faith, my Aunt Diana and Uncle Ed were in.  It was a wonderful show - I have very talented relatives!  So, finally arriving home at 11:30, I am only now getting to post this - just under the wire! This painting makes 563 paintings in 563 days.  It is now time to eat - I was so busy that I missed lunch and dinner today!

No comments:

Post a Comment