Friday, July 18, 2014

Brayer Lake Study

Brayer Lake Study
Acrylic on paper - brayer, 20x14
This is the second brayer painting of the workshop day - a landscape. I really loved the technique for the city street scene, the brayer lent itself well to the buildings.  But, in the landscape, it's choppy straight rolling lines were awkward to maneuver, unnatural.  The brayer creates a more abstract look, and of course the bold colors also add to that.  This is just a study, not a finished painting, so I am counting this as a lesson in brayer work.  I am thinking about adding a small one to my plein air kit - there are times I think it would come in handy!  Painting number 564 in as many days.

2 comments:

  1. what a wonderful talent you are, your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers and your scenery are awesome. You definitely know your work.

    ReplyDelete