Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Freedom at Egg Harbor

Freedom at Egg Harbor
Oil on panel, 12x9
Door County, Wisconsin
sold
This morning found me at Egg Harbor, Wisconsin at water's edge. As I arrived on sight, I saw this boat immediately resting in the bay, basking in the morning light.  I had to paint it.  I set up my easel immediately, without even scouting out the rest of the area.  The wind was strong in my face, and I was only a couple of feet from the edge of the dock - but this scene was worth the extra effort!  Before long, the dingy was missing, and the owner of the boat and his friend came to see what I was painting.  After a wonderful visit with these interesting men, this painting has found a new home.  What a wonderful painting day this was surrounded by such beauty!  This is painting number 568 in 568 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment