Friday, July 25, 2014

Helen's Poppies

Helen's Poppies
Watercolor on paper, 10.5x7
I had the most relaxing day painting in Fish Creek, Wisconsin. The winds were calm with temperatures mild - in the 60's and 70's.  I painted four paintings from this single location today!  This was the first of the day - a cheerful play of poppies!  Helen, the owner of this wonderful old home, was in the yard cutting fresh flowers to put into vases.  I did have to head for cover when a few sprinkles started to fall. Not a problem for oils - but certainly a problem for watercolor! I was soon able to finish and move on to another!  This is painting number 571 in 571 days :)

13 comments:

  1. Another wonderful painting! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I like the softness in the upper right side. I guess rain and open air painting don't really mix well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The poppies are beautiful. You have mastered the 'look' of watercolor. I have a time trying to do it. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful artwork and wow, a painting a day for 571?! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yet another beautiful flower painting...Love the colors :)
    Deepa
    http://deepazworld.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  6. There IS something so cheerful about poppies. I love them--they are one of my favorite flowers--and you've done a lovely job of painting them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Tammie! 571 in 571...wow...I am super impressed:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Tammie! You are certainly prolific!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, Tammie!!
    I do love poppies, ... we have a Lavender Festival each July (Yamhill County, Willamette Valley, OR) and there is a Plein Air Art Show at a local park - one of my favorite combinations is red poppies with the lavender, or a red chair. Every year, I think I'll participate, maybe next year!!
    Happy PPF!!
    Nadya http://dia-creationstation.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never get tired of viewing your beautiful flowers. It is nice that you have such a wonderful place to paint.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is so lovely and refreshing! Beautiful styling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This certainly is cheerful. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am very late for PPF visits this week, but finally getting there... so glad i got here though because this is stunning... great balance between the foliage and the blooms... and those colours... glorious...xx

    ReplyDelete