Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Loose Park Fountain

Loose Park Fountain
Oil on canvas, 24x18
I have wanted to paint this scene again ever since I painted there last June.  My first painting sold at the Fountain Foundation Auction - and it was one I really didn't want to part with!  Using my reference photos and image of last year's painting, I set about to recreate it.  I found myself making little changes,  more cools to offset the warms, more varied brushwork - and the colors here really are quite different than the first one.  Is it because the first was painted en plein air - in the heat and strong sunshine of the day?  Or am I simply a different painter than I was last year?  After all, that was over 365 paintings ago.  With such a large painting, I am going to let this one rest on the wall for a while.  It was hard for me to get back from it enough as I worked.  I will live with it a little and see if anything pops out at me. I really do love painting the Loose Park rose gardens - they are amazing!   Painting number 548 in 548 days - and I am keeping this one :)

11 comments:

  1. It is beautiful! You are an amazing painter and I'm so impressed by your diligence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An amazing painting. I really love all details and colours.
    Mar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammie, this is fantastic. I love the garden scene. How you can paint so fast and so beautifully just astounds me. And where do you put all the paintings? If they are oils they must take some time to dry before people buy them. And do you buy frames for each of them? Just curious. I have tons of mediocre watercolor paintings and don't know what in the world to do with all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something about this gorgeous painting reminds me of Stanley park which I frequented as a child and young adult!! It was just voted best park in the world! Stunning painting!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are an inspiration. This is a stunning painting. Oh, I see Giggles used the same adjectives. I am so impressed with your diligence and talent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhmyyyy. Your talent is extraordinary! This feels like I could walk right into the painting. You inspire me to find that place in me to paint with just confidence.
    Have a nice weekend
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is absolutely enchanting Tammie-you have ,yes, as Nicole said, an extraordinary talent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning! And I agree with both Nicole + Linda amazing talent xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful scene, I can understand you wanted to paint it again. And of course you are a different painter than last year! If 365 paintings don't change the way you paint, nothing will .. :-) Also, the same scene can look quite different in different light and weather. I love how you did the fountain. It looks so natural.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's beautiful, looks like such a dreamy place to sit and paint! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the romantic quality of this painting! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete