Thursday, July 10, 2014

Nightfall Floral

Nightfall Floral
Watercolor on 300lb paper, 9x6
Tonight I am experimenting with creating a mood with watercolor.  What is so natural with oils and acrylics, has taken me several weeks to learn with watercolors.  Happy and bright has been the mood for most of my watercolors.  With this one, I am capturing the garden by the glow of the moon as light fades from the sky.  I really love the 300lb paper, although I have so far.  I have quite a few different kinds - and it will take me a while to get them all tried!  Letting the colors soften into the landscape adds to the lower key of this painting.  This one makes 556 in 556 days.

2 comments:

  1. I love your watercolor. Your soft color scheme and the graceful lines in your work make it a delight to the eye. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The softness of the moonlit flowers is just gorgeous. I love the background and the varying shades of blues and greens.

    ReplyDelete