Thursday, July 24, 2014

Trees of Ellison Bay

Trees of Ellison Bay
Watercolor on paper, 7x10.5
Door County, Wisconsin
Today was such a fun, busy day!  I started the morning with a sunrise paint across the road at Kangaroo Lake.  Next, I headed to Sister Bay to the cherry orchard on Hwy 42, and a wonderful community garden on Beach Rd.  Then, it was off to Fish Creek, where I was able to get in a painting of a beautiful old house right by Clark Park.  After dinner at a fish boil, it was up to the Peninsula State Park to paint the lighthouse at Eagle's Point (I think).  I'm home so late that I can not take photos of my paintings, so, this one is number three of the first day in Door County.  This secluded beach at Ellison Bay, Wisconsin was a real jewel!  We had to drive down a steep road that twisted several times, but this scene on the beach was the reward! Pulling out my watercolors, I first masked this off with Pebeo drawing gum and then put in my dark shadows and background colors.  Once this was dry, I rubbed off the resist and started dropping in some fresh colors onto the white areas.  This painting almost painted itself - which is always a joy!  This painting makes 570 in 570 days - now I had better get to bed - it has been a very long day in this gorgeous little slice if heaven :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the shadows and light areas in this remarkable and beautiful painting. Check to see if your link works on the PPF line up. I got Saturday's painting when I clicked on your name.

    ReplyDelete