Friday, August 1, 2014

Fountain by the Roses

Fountain by the Roses
Oil on panel, 16x12
Loose Park, Kansas City, Missouri
This is possibly my favorite park in  which to paint in Kansas City.   I love roses with a passion, and this park has it all - roses, fountains, arbors, and paths.  Twice, I have painted here when a wedding party arrived, and the ceremony performed, all before I had finished my painting!  I set up on the lower level for this one, I have been on the upper tier for my previous two. I wanted to get in a little closer, and more directly in line with the fountain.  I am thinking of entering this painting in the Fountain Foundation Auction - to support the repair and maintenance of our 400 fountains in Kansas City.  Painting number 578 in 578 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment