Saturday, August 2, 2014

Kitten Nap

Kitten Nap
Watercolor on paper, 9x6
Purchase Information
This little kitten is absolutely spoiled!  The new favorite of my youngest daughter, little Captain is my subject du jour!  I have not yet attempted an animal in watercolor, so when I first blocked in the colors, I did so in a realistic manner, as I would in oils.  It lacked vibrancy and pop.  So, one by one, I began introducing and layering different colors intuitively.  I don't know what the rules are with watercolor - so I am just dropping in the fresh colors I want to see, whatever brings more life to the subject.  A little wild and crazy, this painting makes 579 in 579 days.

4 comments:

  1. He's a sweetie! You captured the kitten's softness beautifully, and I love the color blends as well. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely and how clever to use these different colours and yet make the kitten realistic. I feel I could just reach out and stroke him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you added in those colours Tammie, it's great to break loose and let go, you had some fun here and this one is great and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for linking up to Feline Art Friday, hope to see you back soon:

    http://kittypartay.blogspot.com/2014/08/feline-art-friday-8.html

    ReplyDelete