Sunday, August 24, 2014

Watercolor Sunflowers

Watercolor Sunflowers
Watercolor on paper, 6x4.5
Purchase Information
Sunflowers are an annual favorite of mine - and the birds!  As the heads get heavy and full of seeds, my feathered friends start their feasting!  I am painting on the 100% rag paper again, another of the three I began yesterday.  I work assembly line fashion, not loosing any time waiting for paper to dry.  I work almost entirely wet into wet, only coming in for a little accent when I have rubbed away whatever resist I use.  I like the energy of painting those complimentary colors into the narrow resist lines, letting my intuition guide me.  New on the palette - a wonderful yellow green and a fabulous gold I can't remember the name of!  Painting number 601 in 601 days :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Tammie, the colors in the sunflower painting are awesome! I love this. The yellow green against the magenta is so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Tammie, as are all your other wonderful paintings I've looked at, that street scene one is really gorgeous too, the colours all coming together beautifully and so soft!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey not sure if my comment went through. If not, I just want to say I love the movement in the petals. You really have a gift for color and contrast because the flowers really are striking.

    ReplyDelete