Thursday, September 11, 2014

Behind the Barn

Behind the Barn
Oil on panel, 16x12
Defiance, Missouri
As far back as my childhood, I have always loved the old barns of Missouri.  This wonderful barn is in Defiance, Missouri, and I have painted it several times.  Today, I paint it from the back side, where the trees come up in the hedgerow. On this painting, I took more time with each area blocked in, bringing each space to a more finished place before moving on.  I really wanted to bring interest to the light and shadow, so this was where I worked next.  I know this place so well, that just painting it brings back the memories of the sun on my face and the wind in my hair - almost as if I were standing there right now!  Painting number 620 in as many days and Day 11 of the 30 Day Painting Challenge.

8 comments:

  1. Really like how you handled the light and shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammie, each and every painting of yours is excellent. I hope you are selling them right and left. The question I have is, where are you keeping all these paintings while they dry? Oil paintings always take a long time to dry for me. I love old barns too. This is beautiful with the line of trees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous Tammie! Your shadow and light effects are simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you have painted the barn, it looks so good! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful detailed painting, it looks so peaceful there. Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how warm and sunny it looks. Would love to visit there ....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can feel your emotional attachment in this painting...it's so beautiful and I can almost see movement in the trees. The lighting is just gorgeous too! This is very special!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete