Friday, September 19, 2014

Fountain of Brush Creek

Fountain of Brush Creek
Oil on panel, 14x11
Brush Creek Art Walk - purchase here
This was my first painting on the Brush Creek Art Walk.  Arriving early, it was cold and rain was threatening.  I was so hoping for a beautiful day - as I could give the whole day to plein air work.  In such weather, it is wise to look for a spot with shelter nearby, in case I have to run for cover!  Having painted less than an hour, the rain started.  I simply moved to my right - just enough to place me under the bridge, out of the rain.  The drawback is that there is even less light under any cover, making it more difficult to judge the colors.  I pulled my palette knife out for the finish work, especially on the fountain and water.  The knife just leaves a wonderful mark!  I am really enjoying the process of learning how to manipulate the knife and move the paint.  So much fun!  Painting number 628 in as many days and Day 18 of the 30 Day Painting Challenge.
on location

1 comment:

  1. It is beautiful over there ....I so admire your ability to paint in plein air. And then come out with something as beautiful as this ....

    ReplyDelete