Saturday, September 13, 2014

Lanterns on the International Bridge

Lanterns on the International Bridge
Oil on panel, 8x10
Brush Creek Art Walk - quick paint
Purchase Information
On location









Who would have known it would be so cold on this mid September day?  With two jackets and my leather one on top, fuzzy chenille socks and boots - I was still shivering and miserably cold.  My impressionistic strokes are no doubt a result of shaky hands and chattering teeth!  It always takes me a while to adapt to the dropping temperatures - and I will be sure to pack my ski jacket next time!  These lanterns are hanging on the Sister Cities International Bridge over Brush Creek at the Country Club Plaza.  This is my favorite zone of the Art Walk, and my third painting on this day.  I was rained on twice as the cold winds blew the front in - and that is the sky painted in this scene.  The lanterns blew back and forth with the wind, and were illuminated as the sun went down.  This is painting number 622 in as many days and Day 13 of the 30 Day Painting Challenge.

1 comment:

  1. your painting practice is extremely inspiring. Great work!

    http://agagasiniak.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete