Monday, September 22, 2014

September at Balducci's

September at Balducci's
Oil on panel, 16x12
Sunset Paint - Winemaker's Social at Balducci's Winery
purchase here
On location as the sun goes down
I set up on top of the hill west of Balducci's iconic barn with two other artists.  Honored to by asked to paint for this amazing event, the Wine Maker's Social is a crowning jewel of the Augusta Harvest Festival.  The evening was warm, with almost no breeze - and the landscape was lush!  I have painted the sunset here each spring for the last 9 years, but this is the first time in the fall.  The rolling hills were brimming with crops and the trees were so rich in color!  I had to work very quickly, as I painted a large size - and had limited time.  This painting simply fell off the brush.  Perhaps it was the glass of wine as I worked that relaxed my thoughts and allowed the paint to work it's magic while I watched.  The sun sets quickly, and it was very dark before I packed up my easel for the day!   This painting is 631 in 631 days and Day 21 in the 30 Day Painting Challenge.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting, and what a lovely place to be, looks so beautiful. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that place is so beautiful and must be a great inspiration to work there! You're scenery on canvas is magnificent, I could never create anything like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a really beautiful scene-and painting of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you managed to capture the lush-ness of the landscape perfectly ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so beautiful, lovely painting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very serene! I love how you said,"This painting simply fell off the brush." Sounds like a wonderful time!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful landscape painting and beautiful landscape. I admire your great talent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful landscape! Your numbers bewilder me!!! Great going!
    Looks like you had an amazing time :)
    Deepa
    http://deepazworld.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete