Monday, October 27, 2014

Autumn at Park University

Autumn at Park University
Oil on panel, 12x9
Now showing - Parkville Depot
sold
first marks














I painted this beautiful college as the sun was bathing the grounds with a golden glow.  Time was running short before sunset, so I needed to get that paint down quickly!  I climbed an adjacent hill near the top of the waterfall, to set up my easel and get started.  Since the sun was going down, and there is so much architecture here, my first marks were those of the university, and I worked out from there.  By the time I was finished, there was little light, and I packed up my gear to head home.  This had already been my third painting of the day for the Parkville in Art plein air event.  This painting is now showing at the historic Parkville Depot until November 13.  This is painting number 667 in as many days.

No comments:

Post a Comment