Saturday, October 18, 2014

Evening at Stone Canyon Pizza

Evening at Stone Canyon Pizza
Oil on panel, 12x9
Parkville in Art Plein Air,  Missouri
Meeting a few artist friends for a nocturne paint on Main Street in Parkville, this was my third painting of the day.  It was a beautiful day - warm and hardly a breeze for October.  Not knowing how the night lighting would be, I had to wait until full darkness before choosing a location.  The lights illuminated the awnings and building so well on the corner - I had to paint it.  Setting up across the street under another lamp post, I had plenty of light to work with.  I do not like using clip on lights - their blue color change the colors from what I see to what goes on my painting.  It is always a surprise when I take a night painting into the light - just like Christmas!  Painting number 657 in 657 days.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful - reminds me of Vincent van Gogh! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours in the darkness Tammie. Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved hearing how you painted this piece. It is amazing to my eyes. You have somehow managed to paint light. It almost seems magical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. truly a beautiful night time painting Tammie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your output and quality of work just astounds me... I look for them every day in my bloglovin feed...xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Valerie...reminded me of Van Gogh too!
    This is stunning! I would so love to do the same!
    So you have completed the number...GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete