Sunday, October 12, 2014

Sunny Day Pumpkins

Sunny Day Pumpkins
Watercolor batik on masa paper, 8x5
purchase here
Wow - this masa paper is thick!  Well, compared to the rice papers I have been using, that is.  I have so carefully wadded up the other paintings before flattening for the cracking of the wax, but not so on this one!  I had to work it down into a ball, and do it again before enough cracks appeared to float the paint in to!  And, just look at the larger scale of those creases - all due to a thicker piece of rice paper. I think it will be easier to paint on, once I get a few more under my belt.  I have grown so used to the tissue paper thin varieties, that I hardly know what to do with a paper that holds it's shape!  I'm going to have so much fun with this paper!  Painting number 650 in as many days :)

6 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness! These are wonderful. This fills my eyes to the brim. They look so...lush and there's something so fabulously perfect about this painting. I can't even find the words. So I'll say, 'EXQUISITE."

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow your results are fantastic Tammie. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love this effect. Brilliant!!!
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tammy, Would you please give me the directions on watercolor batik. It is really cool.

    Thanks. Joyce Veazey

    ReplyDelete